[Air-L] Upcoming events at Humlab, Umeå University

Evelina Liliequist evelina.liliequist at umu.se
Thu Aug 24 23:44:16 PDT 2023

Dear all,

Welcome to attend our upcoming events at Humlab, Umeå University, on site or online:

14 Sept
Humlab Talk: Exploring the silences of smart care<https://www.umu.se/en/events/humlab-talk-exploring-the-silences-of-smart-care_11755305/> (online)
Professor Christine Hine, Department of Sociology, University of Surrey
This talk explores two methodological approaches to exploration of the selectivity and silences of smart care.

9 Nov
Humlab Talk: Doing old-fashioned (field)work in new social spaces<https://www.umu.se/en/events/humlab-talk-doing-old-fashioned-fieldwork-in-new-social-spaces_11814825/> (hybrid)
Ida Tolgensbakk, PhD in cultural history and senior curator at the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History
This talk will discuss the advantages of taking old wisdoms with us when doing fieldwork online.

11–13 Dec
Advancing Research Communication – the role of Humanities in the Digital Era<https://www.umu.se/humlab/advancing-research-communication/> (hybrid)
The conference brings together scholars in the humanities and surrounding fields to discuss the relevance, challenges, and role of research communication in the age of AI, disinformation, hate speech, an ongoing climate crisis. What is the role of researchers, cultural heritage sites and scholars in responding to new societal circumstances, and how can we use our voices as humanists to speak about these issues?

SAVE THE DATE:
1–2 feb
Queer futures of AI? Possibilities, constraints and risks  <https://www.umu.se/nyheter/beviljas-medel-for-ai-konferens_11815467/> (hybrid)
The conference seek to gather scholars in AI, digital humanities and gender and queer studies, for an transdisciplinary dialogue about queer futures of AI and what possibilities, constraints and risk likely, and possible, AI futures may entail. More information to come.
Contact: evelina.liliequist at umu.se<mailto:evelina.liliequist at umu.se>

More information and events:
https://www.umu.se/en/humlab/

Most welcome!