[Air-L] ADE for Games Communitities Speakers Series: Fall Events and Winter Recaps

Gerald Voorhees dr.g.voorhees at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:44:23 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

I'm happy to announce the lineup for the eight Fall 2023 lectures,
workshops, and panels for the "Anti-racism, Decolonization, and EDI (ADE)
for Games Communities" Speakers Series. We are, once again, looking forward
to centering marginalized perspectives and ideas from Indigenous, Black,
and otherwise racialized game scholars and practitioners. You can find the
event descriptions and details on this webpage
<https://uwaterloo.ca/games-institute/sites/ca.games-institute/files/uploads/files/ade_fall2023_aug17_1.pdf>
.

We are also excited to launch a website for the speakers series
<https://uwaterloo.ca/games-institute/ade-games-communities-workshop-and-speaker-series>
where you will find summary write-ups of the eight Winter 2023 events, as
well as recordings of these events. We hope that you can use these
resources to help you bring the insights of the series into your
classrooms, and we will be adding 10-15 minute video summaries in the
coming months to further enable this. Write up and recordings of the Fall
2023 events will be added in due course.

Please distribute widely.

Best regards
Gerald