[Air-L] Collecting Retweets

Deena Abul-Fottouh abulfodm at mcmaster.ca
Tue Aug 15 15:32:15 PDT 2023

   Hello Aoir,

    I am trying to collect retweets of a certain tweet. To my knowledge,
   the Twitter API does not allow for such a command. I read online that a
   workaround for this could be to enter the URL of the tweet as a query
   and use the Get URL command. This ended up giving me the quotes of the
   tweet and the RTs of the quotes but not not the RTs of the original
   tweet. Do you know if it is possible to collect the retweets of the
   original tweet?

   Any advice on this?

   Thank you

   Best,

   Deena

   ——

   Deena Abul-Fottouh, PhD.

   Research Associate and Project Lead

   Global Nexus Task Force on Contexts, Evidence and Behaviour

   Phone icon t​ phone:[1](905) 525-9140
   Envelope icon  email:[2]abulfodm at mcmaster.ca

   McMaster University

   1280 Main Street West