[Air-L] Online seminar 25 May | Roxana Radu: Digital sovereignty in the new era of Internet Governance

Orsolya Gulyás Orsolya.Gulyas at vub.be
Fri May 20 06:11:46 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

A quick reminder to register for the second edition of our Data Sovereignty Seminar Series on 25 May at 15.00 (CEST) with Roxana Radu (University of Oxford). In addition, we would also like to already bring to your attention our third seminar on 16 June at 17.00 (CEST) with Nick Couldry and Ulises Mejias on resisting data colonialism. The event series is jointly organised by the Center for Digitalisation, Democracy and Innovation at the Brussels School of Governance and the UNU-CRIS/VUB Chair on Digital Sovereignty.

Registration: https://brussels-school.be/event/data-sovereignty-seminar-series

Seminar #2: Roxana Radu - Digital sovereignty in the new era of Internet Governance

Description
Internet governance is entering a new phase characterized by fragmentation and polarization. These recent trends make it harder to imagine a unitary network bound by globally agreed norms. National spaces of control, ideological divides and the increased bifurcation of Internet-based technologies are likely to reconfigure the way in which the Internet is governed. Various models of digital sovereignty drive this transformation, affecting the power limitations and safeguards possible. This talk examines projects of digital sovereignty in the making and their implications for how the Internet is globally governed.

Programme
15:00-15:05: Welcome and introduction by Orsolya Gulyás & Clément Perarnaud (BSoG)
15:05-15:25: Presentation by Roxana Radu (University of Oxford)
15:25-15:35: Discussion by Mauro Santaniello (University of Salerno)
15:35-16:00: Q&A with the audience

Time: May 25, 2022 at 03:00 PM CEST

Best wishes,
Orsolya Gulyás and Clément Perarnaud