[Air-L] Impact assessment Fundamental Rights and Algorithms

Schaefer, M.T. (Mirko) m.t.schaefer at uu.nl
Wed May 4 09:51:55 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

last year, a team at Utrecht Data School together with Janneke Gerards (professor for fundamental rights at Utrecht University) developed an impact assessment for algorithms and human rights. We finally managed to translate it into English: Fundamental Rights and Algorithmic Impact Assessment (FRAIA). It is accessible through the link below.
https://www.government.nl/documents/reports/2021/07/31/impact-assessment-fundamental-rights-and-algorithms

Last month, the Dutch parliament motioned to make it mandatory for all public management organizations in NL.

While it is designed for the purpose of carrying out impact assessments, we at UDS plan to use it also for research purposes, as in investigating algorithmic systems, their use context etc. (very much like the way, we use our Data Ethics Decision Aid<https://dataschool.nl/en/deda/>). If anyone is planning to work in a similar way with FRAIA, please get in touch with us.

Best wishes,
mirko

Mirko Tobias Schäfer | Associate Professor |
Faculty of Science Lead at Utrecht Data School |
Department of Information & Computing Sciences |
Utrecht University | ICS | Princetonplein 5 | 3584 CC Utrecht |
T: +31-644620751 |  m.t.schaefer at uu.nl<mailto:m.t.schaefer at uu.nl> | @mirkoschaefer<https://twitter.com/mirkoschaefer>

<https://www.government.nl/documents/reports/2021/07/31/impact-assessment-fundamental-rights-and-algorithms>