[Air-L] Visiting Assistant Professor of Critical Media Studies

Knight, Kim kim.knight at utdallas.edu
Fri Jun 10 11:25:55 PDT 2022

Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting.

We have a late posting for a Visiting Assistant Professor in Critical Media Studies (CMS) in the School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication (ATEC) at The University of Texas at Dallas. https://jobs.utdallas.edu/postings/19106

We seek a scholar of digital media studies to join our faculty for a one-year visiting appointment, with a possible renewal for a second year. Applicants able to teach courses in media theory or media history with expertise in global media or indigenous or ethnic studies are especially welcome. The ideal candidate will have a record of critical scholarship, student-centered teaching, and enthusiasm for engaging a diverse student population.

In CMS, we are responsible for curriculum in the BA in ATEC, the BA concentration in CMS, UTD's ethnic studies minor, the MA in Emerging Media Studies, and the PhD in ATEC. We are a collegial and supportive faculty with expertise in feminist STS, digital health, game studies, art education, visual culture, and more. Labs and Studios affiliated with CMS include Fashioning Circuits, The Studio for Mediating Play, Public Interactives Research Lab (PIRL), Social Practice and Community Engaged (SPaCE) Media, and Experimental Animation Lab (experiment.a.l.)

The posting has June 15 as the date we will begin reviews, but it took longer than anticipated to post the job. So we will not begin review until June 22. I'm working on getting the posting amended. After that, things will move quickly.

I am the search committee chair so feel free to reach out with any questions (kim.knight at utdallas.edu)

Warm regards,
Kim

_____
Dr. Kim Brillante Knight
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Area Head, Critical Media Studies in ATEC
kim.knight at utdallas.edu
http://kimknight.com

Office Hours Bookings<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/DrKnightOfficeHourBookings@utdallas.edu/bookings/> (for current students)