[Air-L] REMINDER: Nominations for LaborTech Book & Paper Awards (Aug 1)

Tammy Katsabian tammyk4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:53:56 PDT 2022

*Reminder*
The Labor Tech Research Network
<https://www.labortechresearchnetwork.org/> (LaborTech)
invites submissions for our inaugural Book and Graduate Student Paper
awards.

*About Us*
LaborTech is an interdisciplinary and transnational group of experts
concerned with the intersection of technology and labor. We aim to reframe
conversations about technology and labor towards issues of power,
inequality, and social justice, and incorporate themes of feminism,
anti-racism, and transnationalism. We also seek to foster an
interdisciplinary, cross-regional, and community-oriented space for
discussion, collaboration, and empowerment. For a deeper discussion of our
mission, please see the 'About Us'
<http://labortechresearchnetwork.org/index.php/about-us/> page on our
website as well as examples of topics in our decade-long Speaker Series
<http://labortechresearchnetwork.org/index.php/speaker-series/>.

*Call for Nominations*
As part of our launch as a nonprofit research network, LaborTech is
inaugurating two awards (Book and Graduate Student Paper) to honor works
which:
- have distinctive intellectual merit or activist impact;
- advance the knowledge about labor and technology in the global society;
and
- address our core focus on labor and technology and which may
simultaneously address feminism, anti-racism, and/or transnationalism.

Works from all disciplines and methodologies are eligible for nomination.
Nominations are open to members and non-members of LaborTech. We encourage
submissions from women, people of color, queer communities, and those from
the global south.

The deadline for submissions is August 1, 2022. Please submit the following
items in English to labortechresearchnetwork at gmail.com:
1. An electronic version in PDF format (contact us if only print form is
available for books)
2. A one-page nomination letter stating the significance and contribution
of the work.

The winners will be announced at the LaborTech Launch Event at the Annual
meeting of the Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) in Mexico in
December 2022. Winners will be awarded a small cash prize and certificate.

*Book Award submission criteria:*
- Monographs only (no edited volumes or anthologies)
- Multiple authors accepted
- Published in the last three years (2020-22)

*Graduate Student Paper Award submission criteria:*
- Written by students currently enrolled in a graduate program or who have
graduated in 2022
- Single-authored pieces preferred (co-authored pieces with other students
accepted). Papers co-authored with advisors, faculty, or other PhDs are not
accepted.
- Papers may be published within the last three years (2020-22) or
unpublished
- Page length: 25-40 pages, double-spaced

--

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 2 ביוני 2022 ב-15:00 מאת ‪Tammy Katsabian‬‏ <‪
tammyk4 at gmail.com‬‏>:‬