[Air-L] Webinar on Tech-Facilitated Violence and Abuse

Chandell Gosse cgosse at uwo.ca
Thu Apr 28 07:31:46 PDT 2022

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a-/AOh14GgQqOwxpojouPYq03siY2rxWI_yglOK35iEfB7lhw=s40]
Chandell Gosse <chandellgosse at gmail.com>
[Attachments]Tue, Apr 26, 7:51 PM (2 days ago)
[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]Reply
[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]
to air-l
[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]
Hello,

You are cordially invited to attend our webinar: Tech-Facilitated Violence and Abuse: Implications for People, Democracy and Digital Spaces. Hosted by Dr. Jaigris Hodson, Canada Research Chair in Digital Communication for the Public Interest. With special guests: Abby Ferber, PhD., University of Colorado, Suzie Dunn, JD, LLM, Dalhousie University, Michelle Ferrier, PhD, Founder of Trollbusters and Emma Vossen, PhD, University of Waterloo.

Digital communication technologies have become deeply embedded into our everyday lives. This has grown particularly true during the COVID-19 pandemic. We increasingly rely on communication technologies like social media platforms and collaborative work tools to carry out daily tasks and responsibilities. Yet, increased use of digital communication technologies and visibility online comes with the risk of experiencing technology-facilitated violence and abuse (TFVA). This webinar explores the grave implications that TFVA has on people, democracy, and the state of digital spaces. Our panel of experts will discuss the impact that TFVA has on different sectors of the economy, and possible solution-based approaches that could work to mitigate the harms experienced by targets of TFVA.

The webinar will take place on Monday May 2, at 1pm Eastern Time. Please use the following link to register and we will send a zoom link prior to the event: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/tfva

Chandell Gosse, PhD | she/her
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Royal Roads University
t: @chandellenid

I make my home on land traditionally tended to and cared for by the Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee, Lunaapeewak and Attawandaron peoples, who have longstanding relationships to the land and region of southwestern Ontario and the City of London.