[Air-L] FREE Workshop: Debugging Inequality In Data Science (6th of May, London, UK)

Brooke,SJ S.J.Brooke at lse.ac.uk
Sun Apr 3 09:43:23 PDT 2022

Dear All,

We are organising Debugging (In)equality in Data Science<https://www.lse.ac.uk/DSI/Events/Debugging-Data-Science> Workshop at the London School of Economics on the 6th of May. Please could you circulate the advert for the Workshop below to interested parties?

Fusing the benefits of academic conferences with the relaxed, collaborative atmosphere of hackathons, the event is targeted at Doctoral and Early Career Researchers, but we will also consider applications from Master’s students and Permanent Faculty.

Please feel free to direct any questions back to me! The Call for Presenters and the Poster for the event can be found here.<https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll8sivp60acwegl/CfP_Debugging_Data_Science_Workshop.pdf?dl=0>

_____

Debugging Inequality in Data Science

Free – Open – Catered

Please note that the deadline to apply by submitting an abstract is 15 April 2022.

The Debugging (In)equality Data Science Workshop aims to foster camaraderie and collaboration between Doctoral Students and Early Career Researchers involved with or interested in computational methods for social sciences.

The event will showcase cutting-edge data science that explores, exposes and tackles (in)equality. A founding principle of the event is to facilitate this type of research and to support the development of junior Scholars. Research grants will be available for two projects which align with the workshop principles, both valued at £500.

_____

Best wishes,
Sian

Dr. Siân Brooke (she/her<https://www.lse.ac.uk/economics/about-us/equity-diversity-and-inclusion>)