[Air-L] Building the AI gaze for Media Content Analysis

antoine.mazieres at yahoo.com antoine.mazieres at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 01:39:44 PST 2021

Dear all,
Just to let you know of the (remote) talk of Tanaya Guha (Glasgow U.) on « Building the AI gaze for Media Content Analysis », this Wednesday (17/11) at 10:30am.
AbstractScreen culture and media experts have repeatedly noted that the screen media workforce lacks diversity, with class, gender, race and age constituting ‘crucial axes of inequality’. Objective, quantitative and analytical studies of diversity on screen that can match the massive scale of content creation and consumption are very scarce. Our goal is to address this complex challenge by creating a new generation of AI tools and techniques for quantifying and analyzing diversity in screen content. This talk will discuss our efforts to develop automated media analysis tools for quantifying representation, the challenges and opportunities.

(Tweet !)

Registration is free but mandatory to receive the link for the event : https://quantidiscri.antonomase.fr
Let me know if you have any question : antoine.mazieres at gmail.com
All the best,