[Air-L] question

Sandra Markus sm3291 at tc.columbia.edu
Fri May 11 12:07:57 PDT 2018

Hello! I am a doctoral candidate at Teachers College, Columbia University.
My dissertation looks at craft, online crafting communities, and craftivism.
I have a great deal of familiarity with these communities, both professionally
and personally.
I am trying to grapple with the issue of positionality in my research. How does my
familiarity shape my interpretation? How do you reconcile an inner status with
trying to retain a researcher’s impartiality or distance? Or is that impossible
to expect?
Any insights, thoughts, helpful article would be appreciated!

Sandra Markus
 Doctoral Candidate || sm3291 at tc.columbia.edu