[Air-L] social media research tools?

Libby Hemphill libbyh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:34:22 PDT 2018

Hi,

I recommend Social Feed Manager <https://gwu-libraries.github.io/sfm-ui/>
as well. It's useful mainly for collecting data, and then exporting to CSV
or JSON for analysis. Best for Twitter, also has Flickr and Tumblr options.
Also for Twitter, STACK <https://github.com/bitslabsyr/stack> is also
useful for collection but requires more technical expertise to get going
and maintain.

We are developing a social media archive at ICPSR and would love to hear
your ideas for how a social science archive could support you as you
collect, prepare, analyze, and re-use social media data and teach students
to use it as well. Here's info from a talk I just gave
<http://wke.lt/w/s/FxK8k> about our plans. It focuses mainly on the
technical infrastructure, but supporting data-driven instruction is a key
ICPSR activity in addition to our data archives.

Libby Hemphill
Director, Resource Center for Minority Data
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/RCMD>, ICPSR
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/>
Research Associate Professor, Institute for Social Research
<http://home.isr.umich.edu/>
Associate Professor, School of Information <https://www.si.umich.edu/>
University of Michigan
libbyh at umich.edu