[Air-L] Research on voice assistants and/or voice interaction

Winifred Poster wrposter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 06:41:12 PDT 2018

Hello Stephanie,

              I’ve been writing about issues of voice, accents, nationality, and gender in the labor of digital assistants in a forthcoming chapter “Sound Bites, Sentiments, and Accents: Digitizing Communicative Labor in the Era of Global Outsourcing,” in A Field Guide to DigitalSTS, edited by David Ribes and Janet Vertesi, Princeton University Press; and “Virtual Receptionist with a Human Touch:  Opposing Pressures of Digital Automation and Outsourcing in Interactive Services,” in Invisible Labor, UC Press, 2016.  Let me know if you’d like to see them.

		Winnie Poster

Dr. Winifred R. Poster
International Studies/International Affairs Program
Washington University, St. Louis
Campus Box 1085
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130