[Air-L] Post Doc Position Supporting Political Social Media Analysis

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at syr.edu
Thu Apr 19 07:19:02 PDT 2018

I am delighted to announce that my research team has a 1 year postdoctoral research fellowship to support the Illuminating project.

Details of the position:

This position is a grant sponsored, full-time position that should last for one year. We seek applicants from diverse backgrounds and women.

The Center for Computational and Data Sciences at Syracuse University's School of Information Studies is looking for a postdoctoral research fellow to join the Illuminating 2018 project. Illuminating is a computational political communication project to collect, analyze, and inform the public about political candidate discourse on Facebook and Twitter. The project is led by Dr. Jennifer Stromer-Galley and Dr. Jeff Hemsley. It builds on the Illuminating 2016 project (http://illuminating.ischool.syr.edu) by collecting and analyzing the social media of candidates running for the U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. Senate, and governors. The project will also prepare to collect for the U.S. presidential campaign that will get underway in the spring of 2019.

We seek a colleague to join our interdisciplinary team for a one year Postdoctoral Research Fellow. The Fellow must have the following methodological knowledge: comfort with systematic content analysis, supervised machine learning techniques via python, and the R statistical package for multivariate statistical analyses. As well, the fellow must have interest and knowledge about political communication or American politics.

The application review will begin May 1, 2018 and will close once filled. The start date is negotiable, but ideally on or around June 15, 2018. The position will be located in the Center for Computational and Data Sciences in the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University.
To apply, visit https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/74400.

~Jenny Stromer-Galley
AoIR Past President
Director, Center for Computational and Data Sciences